A reflective essay is a piece of writing that helps the writer process their experiences, thoughts, and emotions. The focus in this genre isn't on events happening but rather what's going on internally with themselves.
The reflective essay is a type of writing that can be done by anyone. The format and style change depending on the audience, but it isn't difficult to write.
Reflective essays give you the space to explore your own thoughts and feelings about what you have learned. Below, we have offered a list of self-reflective essay topics that can help guide you through the first step of the writing process.
Reflective Essay Topics Examples
Choosing a reflective essay topic is tough. There are so many potentials, but you want to make sure that your choice matches the prompt and follows all of the guidelines for what makes an excellent reflection paper. Fortunately, there is help!
Below we have provided you with a list of topics divided into different categories to help you get started.
Reflective Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Visiting the museum
- A memorable birthday party
- Reunion of my family
- The consequences of lies in a relationship
- When your father punished you
- Why do you wish to have something others have
- Things that made you cry
- The first time visit to a bookstore
- Receiving an expensive gift
- Your most favorite high school subject
Reflective Essay Topics for Grade 9
- The moment when you felt broken
- My first trip to an unusual place
- My first hiking experience
- Your favorite vacation spot
- Going to church
- A time when you felt happy
- Watching a horror movie
- Your driving experience
- The time you felt ashamed
- Your first thought in the morning
Reflective Essay Topics for Grade 10
- Climbing a mountain
- Your dream car
- Doing a new sport
- Renovating your room
- Meeting your best friend
- Scuba diving experience
- The time when you lied
- Your biggest loss
- Your biggest fear
- Best online space
Reflective Essay Topics for Grade 11
- The biggest obstacle in your life
- Visiting your favorite store
- Swimming for the first time
- A memorable dream
- Watching a sunrise
- Shifting to a new city
- Favorite personality
- Your favorite outlet store
- Favorite book
- Places where you feel safe
Reflective Essay Topics for Grade 12
- Looking at the full moon
- A visit to a different place
- A memorable high school experience
- Watching a movie with your friends
- A funny story with your friend
- The time when you felt embarrassed
- The moment you made your parents proud
- Your favorite place for dining out
- What is your biggest strength?
- What is your biggest weakness?
Reflective Essay Topics for High School Students
- A visit to the circus
- The most memorable music
- Hunting with your dad
- Choosing between sister and brother
- The movie that made you cry
- A thunderstorm
- The best party in your life
- My first mountaineering experience
- The role of friendship in my life
- What is the meaning of true friendship?
Reflective Essay Topics for College Students
- What is the best pet for a college student?
- How do I get out of doing chores?
- What do you dislike the most about teaching?
- Should I drop out?
- What semester is the most important?
- What punishments are used in schools?
- Can you learn without studying?
- How does social media affect behavior?
- What happens if I go part-time in college?
- Why is parental supervision important?
Reflective Essay Topics About Places
- The house I grew up in
- Your hometown
- A place in school where you used to hang out with friends
- Your favorite store
- A former workplace
- Going to the house of your grandparents
- Going to a coffee shop
- The place where you work
- Your favorite lunch spot
- Your favorite place to have a wedding
Reflective Essay Topics on Nature
- Standing on the beach
- Watching the sunset
- Picking-up berries
- Outdoors running
- Visiting the zoo
- Trail hiking
- Seeing an insect
- Spending time with your pet
- Walking in a field of wildflowers
- Smelling a wildflower
Reflective Essay Topics on Relationship
- A situation with your friend that made you angry
- A moment when you felt disappointed
- What it means to hear ‘I am proud of you’
- When you met someone for the first time
- When you got caught lying
- When you got punished by your parents
- A time when you felt lonely
- When you helped someone else
- A time you spent with friends without permission of your parents
- A time when you cried and a family member comforted you
Reflective Essay Topics Nursing
- My studies to become a nurse
- My philosophy of nursing
- Your favorite nurse practice setting
- The work of a nurse in the emergency room
- Possible career options in nursing
- The role of teamwork in nursing
- Gender issues in nursing
- The role of nursing in the future
- The use of telehealth nursing
- Medical home services
Personal Reflective Essay Topics Higher English
- What you love about yourself
- How did a loss change your perspective on life
- A place that is important to you for any reason
- What was the experience of giving a speech at your college?
- How you overcome difficulties
- Your childhood
- A moment when you laugh at a serious moment
- A moment of victory
- Share your personal experience of social media
- The process of studying foreign languages
(back to top)
How to Choose the Best Reflective Essay Topic?
The first step in learning how to write an essay begins with choosing which topics will be most interesting and engaging so that readers remain engaged throughout.
Choosing the right topic for your reflective essay is a real challenge, but here are some guidelines that can help you through this process.
- Academic reflective essays are typically about your life. If you choose a topic that is very familiar to you, it will be easier for you to present the ideas in an engaging manner.
- One of the most important things you can do when writing is to pick a topic that excites and intrigues your audience. The best way to ensure this happens is by choosing an interesting subject matter of perspective.
- Choose a topic that you can approach from a unique angle. In this way, you can write about your unique perspective and show off your personality in a more creative way. So, it will be easier to enjoy reading what is being written.
Choosing a reflective topic can be tough, but with the help of our essay experts and their creative prompts, you'll find your perfect subject in no time. These topics are sure to spark your inner reflection.
If you are looking for more topics or an expert writer to write a reflective essay from scratch, trust the best essay writing service online. Order your reflective essay or any other college essay now and get high-quality content on time.
Our paper writing service has a team of professional writers who can help you with any good essay topic at an affordable price. We also offer free revisions if needed.
Simply provide information about the content for your paper - we'll do all the work for you: researching, writing it up in APA format (or MLA or CBE), editing what needs to be edited.
Contact us now so that we can write essays according to your specifications on time.