Finding a good research paper topic is like getting half of the work done. Since research papers are different from essays and other kinds of classroom assignments, it needs a higher skill level.
Usually, it is done as the final assignment of a class, and the teacher grades the students according to it.
If a topic is not assigned by your instructor, finding the right topic can be quite challenging for the student. These topics differ in different classes and for different subjects. The student has to find a topic according to his academic level and chosen subject.
We have added different lists of topics for different academic levels and subjects in this blog post. Continue reading to find great topic ideas for your research paper.
Let’s start reading!
Interesting Research Paper Topics for Students
Below are some interesting research paper topics for different academic levels.
Research Paper Topics for High School Students
- Analyze the Language Development Studies and Theories.
- How do French and English languages relate to each other?
- Does our mother tongue influence our pronunciation? Discuss.
- How do social factors help in shaping different dialects?
- What makes some languages easier to learn?
- What are the reasons for increased drug addiction among high school students?
- What are the reasons for the rise of entrepreneurship among young adults?
- How to educate the students to prevent STDs effectively?
- What are the negative effects of plastic usage in the environment?
- What percentage of high school students use online tutoring services for additional help?
Research Paper Topics for College Students
- What role do small businesses play in improving the economy of a country?
- Discuss the negative effects of abortion on a woman’s health.
- How do FAD diets impact the health of teens?
- What role do dietary supplements play in improving our health?
- How can we prevent Coronavirus by following some simple ways?
- How does discrimination in education affect the institutes?
- Students should be allowed to choose their syllabus according to their level of understanding. Discuss.
- How do steroids negatively affect the human body?
- Do health websites give too much information?
- What are the reasons for anorexia among college students?
Research Paper Topics for University Students
- Universities should have separate facilities for special students. Discuss.
- Universities are becoming more business-focused. Discuss the statement.
- Nikola Tesla’s inventions have helped in shaping the world. But, how far is it true?
- Why do students change their hobbies as they get older?
- Discuss procrastination and ways to prevent it.
- Why are part-time jobs so common among university students?
- Why is the Victorian era considered the era of change and revolution?
- What is the significance of Greek culture for ancient Mediterranean society?
- Discuss the achievements of some prominent business owners.
- How can ethical decision-making help in our daily lives?
Research Paper Topics on Education
- Students competency tests vs. degree requirements
- Discrimination in education
- Policing colleges
- Policies on making education free
- Education is compulsory for each and every individual
- Government must encourage higher education through scholarships
- Drug and alcohol abuse in schools
- Policing universities
- Teaching as a profession: pros and cons
- Schools play a role in shaping a child’s personality.
(back to top)
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Key to true happiness
- Importance of sleep
- 3D printers benefitting small-scale businesses
- Why is plastic crockery bad for you?
- The obesity crisis in America
- How has social media transformed the world?
- Importance of the internet in our lives
- Importance of parents in our lives
- What is the cause of inflation in the 21st century?
- What is the cause of the hurricane?
Different fields and subjects deal with different kinds of studies and topics. Therefore, you must find suitable topics for your papers. You can also work on a controversial topic that is relevant to your field of study.
(back to top)
Unique Research Paper Topics for Different Subjects
Since all the subjects deal with the different subject matter, they also have different research topics. Below are some research paper topics for different subjects.
Research Paper Topics for English Linguistics
- How did the Greek philosophers help in the development of language?
- Discuss the significance of 30,000+ cuneiforms for language development.
- What are the early developments of language?
- What role did mythology play in the advancement of language?
- What makes a language’s origins difficult to investigate?
- Discuss the usage of language in different contexts.
- What are the methods used by people from different communities to conceive meaning?
- Describe the ways in which different words relate to each other and form meaning.
- What is language ambiguity, and how does it arise in different languages?
- Can sign language offer the same kind of benefits for able people also?
Research Paper Topics for Education Majors
- How to handle discrimination in educational institutes?
- Mainstream classrooms are not suitable for special students. Discuss.
- Why is placement by merit more beneficial than placement by age?
- Discuss the advantages of homeschooling.
- Students with above-average intelligence should be supported. Discuss.
- Education should be free up to the university level. Discuss.
- An increase in the literacy rate of the masses would help in decreasing crime. Discuss.
- How does religion impact different sectors of society?
- How does female morality differ from male morality? Discuss.
- What are Animism and Totemism? Discuss its manifestations.
Research Paper Topics for Business
- What are the modern work environments?
- Describe the elements of business leadership
- How can 3 generations work in a place together?
- How to build a positive employee-employer relationship?
- How to identify stakeholders in non-public companies?
- What are the latest trends in consumer behavior?
- Strategies of investing in the cheapest countries
- Correlation between the unemployment rate and immigration
- How has the emergence of COVID-19 affected small-scale businesses?
- Role of social media influencers on brand awareness.
Research Paper Topics for Economics
- Impact of economic stability on a personal social, and personal life
- Important elements of a growing economy
- How does religion contribute to a company's economy?
- Do small businesses contribute to a country’s economic growth?
- Factors contributing to a country’s economic growth
- Role of prime minister in boosting a country’s economy
- Impact of COVID-19 on the world’s economy
- Basic economic methods and their hypothesis
- What economic methods are being used in the 21st century?
- Textile business contribution to the world’s economy.
Research Paper Topics for International Relations
- Impact of COVID-19 on international relationships
- What factors can contribute to achieving world peace?
- The cold war: Pros and Cons
- Analyze the soviet union and its collapse
- Importance of military ethics in war
- Discuss the order and disorder of the international system
- Discuss the main features of modern liberalism
- Importance of studying international relations
- International relations vs. global politics
- Discuss the conflict between America and Russia.
Research Paper Topics For Medical and Health
- Effects of stress on the body
- How does exercising thrice a week keep you healthy?
- Effective ways to treat depression
- Pros and cons of the Keto diet
- How have advancements in technology contributed to medical science?
- Should cannabis be legalized to use as medication?
- Genetically modified organisms: Pros and Cons
- What is the scenario of obesity in America?
- The onset of COVID-19
- Signs vs. Symptoms: What are the differences?
History Research Paper Topics
- What are the sectional compromises of the 19th century?
- Discuss the role of railroads and trains in changing the structure of the United States.
- Discuss the kind of Olympics that were practiced during the Greek Era.
- Name some prominent women of history and discuss their contributions.
- Who was Joan of Arc, and how did she change history?
- How did science influence the art and culture of ancient Greece?
- What role do the traditional dresses of Japan and China play in upholding the countries’ traditions and culture?
- What were the reasons behind the changing of the Roman artistic style in the 4th century?
- Name and discuss some notable and important pieces of art of Mesopotamia.
- What role did women play in the Revolution of America?
Computer Science Research Paper Topics
- What are the ways in which light and standardized tests could be used to treat cancer?
- Discuss the evidence that states that Mars has life on it.
- How can nanomedicine help in improving human life expectancy?
- Discuss the future of artificial intelligence.
- How can cryogenics be used for various purposes in the future?
- What are the ways through which fossil fuels could be replaced?
- What will be the benefits of having technology that could help understand animal language?
- How can CBM be coined as the result of the Big Bang?
- What role would self-driving cars play in changing peoples’ lives?
- How can Bitcoin be used to prevent identity theft?
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How did Sigmund Freud help in the advancement of the field of Psychology?
- What are the effects of psychology on different communities and areas?
- How does gender affect how a person thinks and behaves?
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the works of Adler, Jung, and Freud.
- Discuss the elements of psychology in 4 major literary works.
- What are the ways to deal with a mental breakdown?
- How does insomnia alter the way a person perceives different things?
- What are the effects of stress on our mental state?
- How to control and minimize child abuse and violence?
- How to explain intellectually gifted people?
Sociology Research Paper Topics
- How do senior citizens contribute to the well-being of society?
- The increase in the divorce rate in society
- Social norms vs. religion: What to follow?
- The effects of emotional support animals on mentally disabled people
- Mental disabilities and societal pressures
- Does music cure depression?
- The impact of music on the culture
- Bullying and its effect on emotional health
- Do violent movies influence teenagers’ minds?
- Antisocial behavior among teenagers.
(back to top)
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- How should rapists and serial killers be punished?
- How to deal with corruption?
- Who is responsible for the 9/11 incident?
- How to decrease the number of homeless children?
- Transgender must be given the same rights as other genders.
- Should human cloning be legalized?
- Child marriages should be banned.
- Are religions making money out of their practices?
- Should all governments welcome refugees and immigrants?
- Is euthanasia legalized?
All of these topics are great for all academic levels and classes. However, do proper research before deciding on any research topic.
(back to top)
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Argumentative essays and research papers are closely related with persuasive essays. These kinds of essays and papers convince the readers about a specific point or belief.
However, an argumentative essay and research paper also argue about a certain point or thing and include counter-arguments. This makes them different from persuasive essays and papers.
Below are some good and interesting argumentative research paper topics.
- What are the benefits of playing chess? Discuss its positive effects on people’s minds.
- Discuss the pros and cons of sports and other extracurricular activities.
- What are the pros and cons of traditional teaching styles?
- How can teachers benefit from annual refresher courses?
- What are the main causes of teenage pregnancy?
- Discuss Holocaust as one of the biggest human tragedies.
- How did the women suffer during the Holocaust?
- Discuss the discrimination against the LGBTQ community and ways to minimize it.
- What are the pros and cons of allowing LGBTQ couples to adopt kids?
- What is genocide? How did different nations face it?
Besides, you can also come up with a lot of other interesting research paper topics. You can also tweak the ones given here and make them as per your paper requirements.
(back to top)
Engaging Persuasive Research Paper Topics
Persuasive research papers are like persuasive essays but are more detailed. In this kind of paper, the student presents arguments to prove his point of view and convince the readers.
Here are some engaging and fun persuasive essay topics.
- What role does ‘meaning’ play in the interpretation of language?
- How does a language act in different regions and countries?
- What role does psychotherapy play in treating language issues and difficulties?
- Racism influences both the educational and professional environments. Discuss.
- How does racial diversity help in improving the environment?
- Cyber attacks compromise the security of social media accounts. Discuss.
- How are black people treated in different departments in the US?
- What are the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) and Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) ‘s roles in controlling and minimizing crime?
- How to control and get rid of human trafficking?
- How to stop child and women abuse? Discuss some easy-to-implement ways.
(back to top)
Steps to Find a Good Research Paper Topic
We know how difficult it is to find a good and interesting research paper topic. When the teacher assigns the topic, writing the paper is easier. But otherwise, you have to put in extra effort to find the topic.
A research paper is different from other kinds of academic assignments, and this is why you must choose your topic carefully.
Below are the steps to find a good and interesting topic for a research paper.
- 1. Research Properly
No academic work could be done without proper and in-depth research. Therefore, start your search for a good research paper topic with research. List down all the ideas on paper and research them one by one.
See what kind of material is available and choose the one with a good research scope.
- 2. Go for a Topic that is According to your Interest
Do not choose a topic that is not of your interest. Working with such a topic will be a burden, and after some time, you will not be able to work on it properly. Instead, choose a topic that matches your interest.
Writing a research paper asks for an investment of countless hours. You will not be able to commit if you are working on a dull topic.
- 3. Choose a Familiar Topic
Working on a new topic and concept is an interesting idea, but the student often cannot do justice to it. As a result, he fails to handle it correctly and does not write the paper better.
He often has to leave the paper in the middle and change the topic. To avoid any such situation, it is better that you choose a familiar topic that you can easily handle.
- 4. Choose a Topic that has a Good Scope
An interesting research topic idea has a reasonably wide scope. It is not too narrow, and it is not too wide either. There is ample data available for it and due to this, writing an essay or research paper on it is easy. The research material and studies can be used in literature reviews and citations.
Once the topic is chosen, you can create a research paper outline and get started with your work!
Writing a great research paper is important for your grades. This includes everything from an abstract and thesis statement to the entire paper; each part is important. A good idea and topic will help you in many ways.
We know that writing a research paper is different from writing any other form of academic paper. Where this makes it special, this makes it difficult to handle also.
MyPerfectPaper.net is a professional paper writing service that helps students get rid of academic pressure and still submit high-quality and unique research papers.
Talk to us directly and order your paper.