Finding a good research paper topic is like getting half of the work done. Since research papers are different from essays and other kinds of classroom assignments, it needs a higher skill level.
Usually, it is done as the final assignment of a class, and the teacher grades the students according to it.
Often, the teacher assigns the topic to the student, but at other times, the student has to find the topic himself. These topics differ in different classes and for different subjects. The student has to find a topic according to his academic level and as per the chosen subject.
In this blog post, we have added different lists of topics for different academic levels and subjects.
Interesting Research Paper Topics for Students
Below are some interesting research paper topics for different academic levels.
Research Paper Topics for High School Students
- Analyze the Language Development Studies and Theories.
- How do French and English languages relate to each other?
- Does our mother tongue influence our pronunciation? Discuss.
- How do social factors help in shaping different dialects?
- What makes some languages easier to learn?
- What are the reasons for increased drug addiction among high school students?
- What are the reasons for the rise of entrepreneurship among young adults?
- How to educate the students to prevent STDs effectively?
- What are the negative effects of plastic usage in the environment?
- What percentage of high school students use online tutoring services for additional help?
Research Paper Topics for College Students
- What role do small businesses play in improving the economy of a country?
- Discuss the negative effects of abortion on a woman’s health.
- How do FAD diets impact the health of teens?
- What role do dietary supplements play in improving our health?
- How can we prevent Coronavirus by following some simple ways?
- How does the discrimination in education affect the institutes?
- Students should be allowed to choose their syllabus according to their level of understanding. Discuss.
- How do steroids negatively affect the human body?
- Do health websites give too much information?
- What are the reasons for anorexia among college students?
Research Paper Topics for University Students
- Universities should have separate facilities for special students. Discuss.
- Universities are becoming more business-focused. Discuss the statement.
- Nikola Tesla’s inventions have helped in shaping the world. But, how far is it true?
- Why do students change their hobbies as they get older?
- Discuss procrastination and ways to prevent it.
- Why are part-time jobs so common among university students?
- Why is the Victorian era considered the era of change and revolution?
- What is the significance of Greek culture for the ancient Mediterranean society?
- Discuss the achievements of some prominent business owners.
- How can ethical decision-making help in our daily lives?
Different kinds of fields and subjects deal with different kinds of studies and topics. Therefore, you must find suitable topics for your papers. You can also work on a controversial topic that is relevant to your field of study.
(back to top)
Fun Research Paper Topics for Different Subjects
Since all the subjects deal with the different subject matter, they have different kinds of research topics also. This is why they have different kinds of research topics also. Below are some research paper topics for different subjects.
Research Paper Topics for English Linguistics
- How did the Greek philosophers help in the development of language?
- Discuss the significance of 30,000+ cuneiforms for language development.
- What are the early developments of language?
- What role did mythology play in the advancement of language?
- What makes a language’s origins difficult to investigate?
- Discuss the usage of language in different contexts.
- What are the methods used by people from different communities to conceive meaning?
- Describe the ways in which different words relate to each other and form meaning.
- What is language ambiguity, and how does it arise in different languages?
- Can sign language offer the same kind of benefits for able people also?
Research Paper Topics for Education Majors
- How to handle discrimination in educational institutes?
- Mainstream classrooms are not suitable for special students. Discuss.
- Why is placement by merit more beneficial than placement by age?
- Discuss the advantages of homeschooling.
- Students with above-average intelligence should be supported. Discuss.
- Education should be free up to the university level. Discuss.
- An increase in the literacy rate of the masses would help in decreasing crime. Discuss.
- How does religion impact different sectors of society?
- How does female morality differ from male morality? Discuss.
- What are Animism and Totemism? Discuss its manifestations.
History Research Paper Topics
- What are the sectional compromises of the 19th century?
- Discuss the role of railroads and trains in changing the structure of the United States.
- Discuss the kind of Olympics that were practiced during the Greek Era.
- Name some prominent women of history and discuss their contributions.
- Who was Joan of Arc, and how did she change history?
- How did science influence the art and culture of ancient Greece?
- What role do the traditional dresses of Japan and China play in upholding the countries’ traditions and culture?
- What were the reasons behind the changing of the Roman artistic style in the 4th century?
- Name and discuss some notable and important pieces of art of Mesopotamia.
- What role did women play in the Revolution of America?
Information Technology Research Paper Topics
- What are the ways light and standardized tests could be used to treat cancer?
- Discuss the evidence that states that Mars has life on it.
- How can nanomedicine help in improving human life expectancy?
- Discuss the future of artificial intelligence.
- How can cryogenics be used for various purposes in the future?
- What are the ways through which fossil fuels could be replaced?
- What will be the benefits of having technology that could help understand animal language?
- How can CBM be coined as the result of the Big Bang?
- What role would self-driving cars play in changing peoples’ lives?
- How can Bitcoin be used to prevent identity theft?
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How did Sigmund Freud help in the advancement of the field of Psychology?
- What are the effects of psychology on different communities and areas?
- How does gender affect how a person thinks and behaves?
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the works of Adler, Jung, and Freud.
- Discuss the elements of psychology in 4 major literary works.
- What are the ways to deal with a mental breakdown?
- How does insomnia alter the way a person perceives different things?
- What are the effects of stress on our mental state?
- How to control and minimize child abuse and violence?
- How to explain the intellectually gifted people?
All of these topics are great for all academic levels and classes. However, do proper research before deciding on any research topic.
(back to top)
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Argumentative essays and research papers are closely related with persuasive essays. Both of these kinds of essays and papers convince the readers about a specific point or belief.
However, an argumentative essay and research paper argue about a certain point or thing and include counter-arguments also. This makes them different from persuasive essays and papers.
Below are some good and interesting argumentative research paper topics.
- What are the benefits of playing chess? Discuss its positive effects on people’s minds.
- Discuss the pros and cons of sports and other extracurricular activities.
- What are the pros and cons of traditional teaching styles?
- How can teachers benefit from annual refresher courses?
- What are the main causes of teenage pregnancy?
- Discuss Holocaust as one of the biggest human tragedies.
- How did the women suffer during the Holocaust?
- Discuss the discrimination against the LGBTQ community and ways to minimize it.
- What are the pros and cons of allowing LGBTQ couples to adopt kids?
- What is genocide? How did different nations face it?
Besides, you can come up with a lot of other interesting research paper topics also. You can also tweak the ones given here and make them as per your paper requirements.
(back to top)
Engaging Persuasive Research Paper Topics
Persuasive research papers are like persuasive essays but are more detailed in nature. In this kind of paper, the student presents arguments to prove his point of view and convince the readers.
Here are some engaging and fun persuasive essay topics.
- What role does ‘meaning’ play in the interpretation of language?
- How does a language act in different regions and countries?
- What role does psychotherapy play in treating language issues and difficulties?
- Racism influences both the educational and professional environments. Discuss.
- How does racial diversity help in improving the environment?
- Cyber attacks compromise the security of social media accounts. Discuss.
- How are black people treated in different departments in the US?
- What is the role of the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) and Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) in controlling and minimizing crime?
- How to control and get rid of human trafficking?
- How to stop child and women abuse? Discuss some easy-to-implement ways.
Steps to Find a Good Research Paper Topic
We know how difficult it is to find a good and interesting research paper topic. When the teacher assigns the topic, writing the paper is easier. But otherwise, you have to put in extra effort to find the topic also.
A research paper is different from other kinds of academic assignments, and this is why it is important that you choose your topic carefully.
Below are the steps to find a good and interesting topic for a research paper.
1. Research Properly
No academic work could be done without proper and in-depth research. Therefore, start your search for a good research paper topic with research. List down all the ideas on paper and research them one by one.
See what kind of material is available and choose the one that has a good scope for research.
2. Go for a Topic that is According to your Interest
Do not choose a topic that is not of your interest. Working with such a topic will be a burden, and after some time, you will not be able to work on it properly. Choose a topic that matches your interest.
Writing a research paper asks for an investment of countless hours. You will not be able to commit if you are working on a dull and boring topic.
3. Choose a Familiar Topic
Working on a new topic and concept is an interesting idea, but many times, the student cannot do justice to it. As a result, he fails to handle it correctly and does not write the paper in a better way.
Many times, he has to leave the paper in the middle and change the topic. To avoid any such situation, it is better that you choose a familiar topic that you can easily handle.
4. Choose a Topic that has a Good Scope
An interesting research topic idea has a reasonably wide scope. It is not too narrow, and it is not too wide either. There is ample data available for it and due to this, writing an essay or research paper on it is easy. The research material and studies present can be used in literature review and citations.
Writing a great research paper is important for your grades. This includes everything from an abstract and thesis statement to the entire paper; each part is important. A good idea and topic will help you in many ways.
We know that writing a research paper is different from writing any other form of academic paper. Where this makes it special, this makes it difficult to handle also.
MyPerfectPaper.net is a professional paper writing service that helps students get rid of academic pressure and still submit high-quality and unique research papers.
Talk to us directly and order your paper.